Using a letraset, I recreated snippets of conversations I had overheard in and around Epsom- specifically trying to ‘animate’ the text through positioning, composition of letters and typeface (bold, regular, italic etc..)
Using the Helvetica font, I cut out the three words : ‘Drummer’, ‘Snare’ and ‘ Concert’ in bold capitals, capitals and lower case and arranged these into various different compositions. Looking specifically at playing around with the weighting of the letters, the arrangement of the words and how the three words could work together.
The next project I started actually a while back was a two week brief on typography, with the end product being a small concertina book. At first I mainly experimented with different types of typography- researching a variety of typographers from all over the world, as well as looking closely at the techniques typographers used in their work.